This salad was the accompaniment to our crab cake entree last night. It was easy and delicious. I cut the recipe in half but regretted it when Michael took the last slice. The warm vinaigrette was go good on the cool avocados. This would go well with steak, chicken, or seafood.
Here is the recipe from Sunset:
Avocados with Warm Bacon Parsley Vinaigrette
- 1/3 pound thin-sliced bacon
- 2 firm-ripe avocados, each pitted, peeled, and cut into 4 to 6 wedges
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1. Cook bacon in a large frying pan over medium-low heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels; let cool. Remove pan from heat and discard all but 2 tbsp. bacon fat. Divide avocado wedges among 4 plates.
- 2. Heat reserved bacon fat over medium heat. Add garlic, 1/4 cup water, the lemon juice, and sugar and simmer 1 minute, stirring. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in parsley and crumble in bacon. Immediately pour over avocado wedges and serve.