Superbowl XVLII is today! My little party for two is about to get underway. My only invited guests are Michael and Tucker, who won’t be enjoying any people snacks. He has a lifetime supply of dog treats on hand. A few of the “people” dishes which could be made ahead of time were and I am bringing the first of those out with this recipe for Orange Glazed Pecans. I was looking for a candied nut to serve and I liked the twist of adding the orange flavor. My mistake in making these two days ahead is that they are nearly gone now. I used the recipe from the FarmFlavor website. The only change I made was to double the amount of orange zest. Michael and I both loved these.
Orange Glazed Pecans
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon white corn syrup
- ¼ cup evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons orange rind, grated
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2½ cups pecan halves
- Mix all ingredients except pecans, and bring to a boil in iron skillet. Boil for 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add pecans, coating them well with mixture. Cook 1 minute.
- Pour onto waxed paper and let cool. Separate into pieces.