Michael just declared this the best burger ever. That is impressive given the number of burgers we eat. I haven’t done much cooking lately opting for cold sandwiches, frozen entrees and cereal. Today was a stressful day and none of the recent options seemed good enough. I raided the fridge and pantry and came up with the ingredients to make a knockoff of the Western Bacon Cheeseburger.
- ¾ pound grass fed ground beef
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 hamburger bums, split
- 6 slices smoked bacon, cooked
- 2 slices white cheddar, or yellow if you must
- ½ avocado sliced
- BBQ sauce
- Divide the ground beef in half. Form into impossibly thin patties. Heat your outdoor grill or a grill pan inside to very hot. Salt and pepper the patties to taste. Place the patties on the hot grill and close the lid. Cook for 3 minutes on one side then flip carefully. Cook 2-3 minutes on the other side and flip again. Place a slice of cheese on each patty and place the buns, slit side down on indirect heat. Close the grill lid. Cook until the buns are warm with light grill marks and the cheese is melted. Put mayonnaise on the bun in the amount you like. Place four slices of avocado on the bottom bun. Top with the ground beef patty, three slices of bacon and your favorite barbecue sauce. Put the top bun on and enjoy piping hot. OMG good!
Latest posts by Mary (see all)
- Sweet and Spicy Chipotle BBQ Sauce - August 18, 2014
- Scavenger Hunt Sunday! - August 16, 2014
- Heirloom Tomato Tart with Basil and Gruyere Cheese - August 15, 2014