This is my version of a sandwich Michael and I have enjoyed at the Cliff House in San Francisco. It consists of Dungeness crab on an English muffin with melted cheese. I buy the small plastic tubs of Dungeness crab meat in the seafood department at my local grocer. I have tried the lump crab, jumbo lump, and crab claw meat packaged the same way without success. It has an overwhelming fishy taste to me. The Dungeness is milder and sweeter so that is what I use. I have also made these the day after we have had king crab legs using leftovers. Those are good too but the Dungeness remains my favorite. This was a great light supper with a green salad on the side.
- 6 oz Dungeness crab meat
- 2 English muffins split and toasted
- 2 heaping TBS real mayonnaise
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 scallion chopped
- 4 slices Monterey Jack Cheese
Toast English muffin halves and set aside. In a small bowl mix the crab, mayonnaise, pepper, Old Bay, and chopped scallion. Mix lightly, keeping crab intact if possible. Divide the crab mixture amongst the four English muffin halves and top each with a slice of cheese. Place under the broiler until hot, melted, and golden brown. Enjoy piping hot with a splash of hot sauce if desired.
Latest posts by Mary (see all)
- Sweet and Spicy Chipotle BBQ Sauce - August 18, 2014
- Scavenger Hunt Sunday! - August 16, 2014
- Heirloom Tomato Tart with Basil and Gruyere Cheese - August 15, 2014