I decided to try this recipe since I happened to have ripe Fuyu persimmons in the fridge. All I needed was an Asian pear and some sliced almonds. This salad is easy to make and the dressing is quite tasty. I served it with a fruited pork tenderloin and it paired quite well.
Here is the recipe from Sunset.
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon roasted almond oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 ounces small, whole tender lettuces or salad mix (about 1 lightly packed qt.)
- 1 large unpeeled Asian pear, cut in thin wedges
- 2 firm-ripe unpeeled Fuyu persimmons, cut in thin wedges
- 1/3 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1. In a medium bowl, whisk lime juice, oil, honey, salt, and cayenne until blended.
- 2. In another medium bowl, gently mix lettuces with 1 to 2 tbsp. dressing. Add remaining ingredients to first bowl with dressing and mix gently to coat.
- 3. Divide lettuce among 4 salad plates. Spoon fruit mixture on top.